Tuesday, September 11, 2012

front axle bushes, and brake stay....


all done so mikes wl has two wheels for the first time....i like the proportions on this bike....




made up a series of bushings in order to mount the brake stay to the springer frontend.....of course they must move with suspension travel...i made my own interpretation of the original bushed stay except this time its mounted to a early 70's honda two leader.










4 comments:

pablo mckinnon said...

LOve it!

omnitasker said...

Nice work, Matt.

Anonymous said...

Did you need to change the geometry where it mounts on the forks? I built one of these when I put that darn front brake on my 16 Excelsior (an experiment for the Cannoball). But I had to do it a few times to get the geometry right. Upon braking, it would either dive or lift the leaf spring suspension until I got it just right.

matt machine said...

hey pete, well i based it on the original springer/drum stay...the only difference is its slightly offset more than the original....this may end up putting a touch of lateral pressure on it...thats why i made it curve like shown in the last shot.....hopefully that will minimise this issue. so i suppose we shall see what happens on the test ride......ill keep my eyes peeled for any wrong movement....