Sunday, April 24, 2011

mikes wl...

has a triumph 4 speed box fitted now...it took me quite a while to get it positioned how i wanted (without cutting out the original cradle) but still allowing for a nice amount of adjustment since we will be running a twin row primary chain. its come up well and finally the box sits far enough down and nicely balanced with the motor.

4 comments:

Adam Nickel said...

looking good

David "Howling Moose" said...

consider a chain tensioner by http://www.monstercraftsman.com/ may take some work but it will pay off.

matt machine said...

good tip dave,...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I put a BSA/Burman box in a '46
WL back in 1970...To keep the
rear chain aligned and for the stock primary cover to fit...I cut
the stock trans mount area and welded in a three sided boxed area.
It worked well and I put over 40K
miles on her before selling the bike..
Blind Melon, LBMC
hankins@qnet.com