yep sure is bead blasted, then soda.....kind of softens it a bit...not so rough to touch....and a trick i use is to wash down the blasted sections with really cheap spray degreaser once assembled....it sort of puts a coating on it...i have been told because it has a silicone content...it always works...ive got bits on bikes blasted ten years ago and they still look perfect...
I realized it was a sporty front end right after I ask... but a Kwaka drum would have never got that! haha.. great job!!! Was it much work to make it work? I jealous of that brake. I want that on my 51 Pan with a 21" rim! Peace!
5 comments:
beautiful shots Matt. can i ask how you got that nice (ahem...) matt finish on your fork legs, hubs etc? is that a bead blasted finish?
yep sure is bead blasted, then soda.....kind of softens it a bit...not so rough to touch....and a trick i use is to wash down the blasted sections with really cheap spray degreaser once assembled....it sort of puts a coating on it...i have been told because it has a silicone content...it always works...ive got bits on bikes blasted ten years ago and they still look perfect...
Great Looking bike Matt! May I ask what the front end drum brake is off?
thanks stingcobra .. front end is harley sporty and the brake is kwaka.
I realized it was a sporty front end right after I ask... but a Kwaka drum would have never got that! haha.. great job!!! Was it much work to make it work? I jealous of that brake. I want that on my 51 Pan with a 21" rim! Peace!
Post a Comment