i finished up hanging the basement door with Mike the other day. this thing weighs a ton. it hung beautifully and didn't need any realigning or anything which was lucky. now i can push it open or closed with my little finger thanks to tapered roller bearings top and bottom.
ill be using some old 34 dodge gearbox pieces to make up a smart locking mechanism for it....ill start that next week when i get time.
top pivot is held in place by a sliding tube section that is pinned through. so if i ever needed to remove everything for some reason in the future i can.







4 comments:
Very nice
beauty in heavy metal
G'day Matt,
Long time follower of your blog, I use your links all the time as they are better then my bookmark list! Love the new direction your taking the site. The bikes are great don't get me wrong but I've always found that creative types are usually creative in more then one area and they usually inform each other.
A bit of trivia. I saw your new header image and it reminded me of this
(http://www.jillianaylesworth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Eternal-Silence.jpg).
Used to live in Chicago a few years back, down the road from Graceland cemetery. This sat in the middle of the grounds & it was one impressive mother of a tombstone. The cloaked figure is about 8 foot tall not counting the plinth. Anyway I've obviously got too much time on my hands writing long winded comments :-)Should get back to work.
Cheers,
Brett.
WOW! Awesome!
Post a Comment