Nice pipes, BTW. I'm keen to make my own pipes as well for my flat tracker, partly because I like the look, partly because I like the idea that it makes me more involved with the build of the bike...and as a student/father, I'm not up for a pair of Omar's pipes at $500+. Were they hard to make? Any tips? I presume you get your sections, tape them up into position, then tack weld, remove and weld proper?
yep...i get stainless mandrel sections with an internal radius of 60mm in whatever size i require.....then i cut and tack weld them on the bike....once im done i remove and do my final welds...
5 comments:
Aww gee thanks Matt... makes me wanna hit the open road. Cool cine-film style footage too.
-Rob
Nice video! Good XS650 makes a good combination with Neil Young.
Nice pipes, BTW. I'm keen to make my own pipes as well for my flat tracker, partly because I like the look, partly because I like the idea that it makes me more involved with the build of the bike...and as a student/father, I'm not up for a pair of Omar's pipes at $500+. Were they hard to make? Any tips? I presume you get your sections, tape them up into position, then tack weld, remove and weld proper?
yep...i get stainless mandrel sections with an internal radius of 60mm in whatever size i require.....then i cut and tack weld them on the bike....once im done i remove and do my final welds...
Thanks Matt.
Love the blog.
Post a Comment